Region & Highlights
- 1st class restaurants, sidewalk cafes, art galleries, beautiful 4 Mile Beach
- Marina Mirage with its international designer shops, boardwalk restaurants
- 2 world class golf courses – challenging and beautiful
- Tennis, fishing, hang gliding, parasailing
- Eclectic Farmers Market every Sunday with its local arts, crafts & produce
- The magnificent Great Barrier Reef with its 1000′s of species of Marine life – the largest Marine Park in the world
- The ancient & pristine Daintree Rainforest with flora & fauna unique to the rest of the world – A World Heritage wonder
- The lush tropical tablelands with its waterfalls, lakes and rivers
- Historic Cooktown and the incredible landscapes, mining history, aboriginal cave art, lava tubes to be seen in the outback
The choices of adventures and activities are endless.
For the sports minded, Port Douglas and surrounds offer excellent world class golf courses to test your handicap on, tennis courts to play some matches in the most incredible surroundings.
For the more sedate. take a stroll down Macrossan Street and sample the renown cuisine offered by restaurants and sidewalk cafes. Browse through the boutique shops for that special gift. View local fine art and crafts at the various art galleries along the street. 70 meters away from Beach Terraces Holiday Apartments is beautiful 4 Mile Beach for swimming, beach walks or just basking in the sun.
For the more sophisticated we have the Marina Mirage, a three hundred berth marina, exclusive shopping, boardwalk dining and nightclubs for the night owls
Take one of the cruise boats from the marina to the Great Barrier Reef for some incredible scuba diving and snorkeling in crystal clear turquoise waters observing the most unique coral and fish species. Sail to some of the islands and enjoy wide empty beaches. Enjoy a 4WD day safari out to the Daintree Rainforest observing the indigenous species of plant and animal life. Cruise the Daintree River to spot crocodiles basking in the sun.
Go for an adrenalin pumping white water rafting experience on the exciting Barron River, hot air ballooning over the lush tablelands coming back to earth to enjoy a champagne breakfast, sport fishing on some of the best fishing grounds in the world. And at the end of the day relax on your private verandah at Beach Terraces Holiday Apartments deciding your next days activities and adventures.